1. Walter Cronkite is dead.

And yet another huge icon of Americana is gone. Let me be the first of many to say that this has been a rough 4 weeks to be an icon in this country. Mr. Cronkite has been a part of all of our lives and, as a perpetual student of politics and law, I can truly say that reporters of this caliber will always leave a hole in my world. Of course, I think he set the bar that so few after him have been able to reach.

2. All You Subscription Deal @ Southern Savers

Ok, for those of you who seek out the best deals on the planet each week to keep your families fed, here’s the deal for you. But you’ve got to hurry, the deal expires July 31, 2009, so you must act quickly. Go on over to Southern Savers and check it out. I promise you won’t be disappointed.

3. Sanford scandal leads to first key departure.

While I’ve never had anything nice to think or say about Joel Sawyer, press secretary to our future ex-gov, I still find his timing to leave the office interesting. He refuses to give too much detail on what his next venture in life will be, but I pity the fool that’s hired him. He’s an idiot, plain and simple. Well – but maybe not, at least he’s finally showing SOME intelligence – a little late, mind you, but some, just the same. He’s finally figured out that it’s best to put as much distance between him and Mr. Argentina as possible. Thanks for playing, Joel. You won’t be missed.

4. Lawyers & Politicians ARE NOT treated equally in SC!

You might have to look back at the original story to get my full meaning here, but this truly disgusts me. We are locking up kids for years for carrying around a couple of joints, but a Solicitor in this state can fail (miserably, I might add) several field sobriety tests and yet still he is able to avoid both the DUI charge AND any other charge that would require a jail time penalty. Yep, our justice system is totally fair and balanced here. Wow!

5. White Man’s Last Stand by: Maureen Dowd

Simply my favorite editorial this week. You go, girl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment