1. Better Groceries for Less Cash: The next book I want to read.

As may be obvious now from my previous posts, I’m very interested in couponing and saving money at any possible juncture. This book looks like just the “next best” resource. I have a feeling it probably offers some of the advice that I already live by when it comes to shopping at grocery stores in general, but my next passion is being able to get more nutritious food for less, rather than so many processed foods for next to nothing (as it seems I’m doing now).

2. My Coupon Binder: My next project

So I’ve been stockpiling coupons since the first week of May and I’ve saved probably close to $600+ by now. We are using coupons for everything from groceries and personal hygiene items to eating out and admission to local museums and movies. However, I’ve tried several ways of organizing all of these coupons and it just seems to be more and more frustrating the longer I go without one set way of doing things. I’ve been searching far and wide for what might work best for the volume of coupons I have (I tend to get 3 papers on Sundays and then inserts from my dad’s paper, also). I’ve decided that this Binder system seems to work best for most people, so I plan on getting together the supplies to make my own this week. I’ll keep you updated on how it works out.

3. The Superficial: My favorite Celeb Gossip site on the web.

It’s a bit more tasteful than TMZ and seems to have good feeds. This is definitely what I turn to for instant entertainment whenever possible.

4. Paint Charleston Daily: My favorite online gallery of Charleston artwork

One of these days, when the money is flowing a little more freely than it is now and when we OWN our home instead of renting, I want to purchase a piece from this artist and have it on prominent display – maybe above my long-dreamed for fireplace.

5. FML: A favorite turn-to when I’m feeling down on myself.

While most of the stories are pretty humorous, some of them are so far-fetched you have to question their truth, but still when you’re having a bad day and things seem especially f’ed up in your life, go here and read about someone whose lot in life is far worse than yours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment