1. Southern Savers blog:
I recently discovered this blog in my quest to become an expert couponer. Let's face it, the economy sucks and being a graduate student with a family and no regular income at this time makes it 1000 times worse. This site and many others like it have become my light at the end of the long, dark tunnel of self-imposed poverty. If you live in the Southeast, Jenny does a great job at scoping out all the great deals for southern grocery chains and even some national chains, like CVS (my fave!). I can guarantee this will be a site you come running back to again and again.

2. Sanford: Will he stay or go?
Governor Sanford -- what a loaded topic that is around these parts these days. Personally I wish he'd pack his bags, call up that real estate agent he met with in Argentina a year ago, and book the next flight out of SC. We'd all be better off -- including his wife and boys. However, according the the paper, the death of MJ couldn't have come at a better time for Sanford. Once again, Hollywood gets in the way of moral values being allowed to sweep out the trash.

3. All You Magazine
This is simply one of the best magazines I've come across in a long time! Full of coupons, recipes and USEFUL tips and articles, it has quickly become a go-to publication when I'm in need of just about anything to do with my busy (and sometimes chaotic) home life.

4. Kids-in-Mind: Movie Ratings with families in mind
Being a mom, the ratings of movies have become almost impossible to interpret, but this great site actually tells me (in word - not letter-ratings) what content in the movies I might find objectionable for my kids to see regardless of how Hollywood chose to rate it. It rates thousands of movies, old and new alike.

5. PostSecret
Simply my Sunday hobby that helps me understand the world a little better. People create postcards with secrets they've never told a soul and mail them in. I'm telling you, it's like the best gossip reel out there. Of course, you have no idea who is posting what, but I can promise you that no matter what your secret is, you WILL find one that's worse than anything you could have ever dreamed! Makes you realize that being "perfect" is so not a part of being "human"!

0 comments:

Post a Comment